How to Take Good Photos Using Your Phone
While I wish I had my camera with me for everything I do, sometimes it just isn’t possible. However, I still like to take photo momentos of some of the fun I have with my friends, partner, and family! You can take great photos with your phone, and here is how I get some of my best shots!
Why I Love to Use My Phone
I have a great camera! Ok, It actually belongs to my partner, but he taught me how to use it. While, I love using it, especially at events, I hate lugging a big bag with me everywhere we go. Also, the camera strap hurts my neck. There are times I forget to bring the camera with me, and there are times where it just isn’t practical.
When looking for a phone, the camera capability has been at the top of my list for the last several years. Currently, I use a Samsung S9, but I plan to upgrade to the S10 in the near future. I know lots of bloggers and influencers prefer an I-phone, and there are some exclusive apps for it, it just isn’t for me.
How to take good photos with your phone
My tips are fairly simple, and I get great quality photos from following these tips. So, these are my best tips on how to take good photos using your phone:
- I always make sure my lens is clean.
- I look for ways to find good lighting. Poor lighting can make for poor quality photos or editing hassles.
- Never use the zoom in features on your camera phone. It lessens the quality and can make them look grainy.
- Have great editing software on your phone. I have photoshop and lightroom on my phone. Also, when I buy presets for Instagram, I look for ones that have more than one type. The current one that I am using comes with 10 types for the style, which is great for using when fixing lighting issues.
- Have fun with it. Play with all the features, learn your angles, and be sure to take a few different shots to make sure you have the perfect shot.
I hope you find these tips helpful. What would you add? Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to get more tips and stories on style and my adventures!